I've reopened my commissions. You can find my price sheet here: (Emergency) Commissions Price List
We've come into a bit of a financial situation. We're trying to raise $30,000 to either repair our current home or buy a new house. I'll be doing as many commissions as I have to to help. Anything will help and be greatly appreciated!
Option A: Have our roof completely redone to stop the rain from coming inside. Always an important feature in any good roof. It's been repaired several times now only for it to start leaking again and now it's bowing in certain areas. Replace or repair most of the windows because they also don't keep the rain out. It took us a bit of time to notice that what with the roof leaking. We also need to set up septic and water to the house. Previously, we've been using the facilities at Xander's parents' house while saving money and repairing credit, but they're moving. Their first big move is next Sunday. They weren't intending to move until September, but decided to move sooner. The water and septic alone is going to run about $20,000 because we live in a rural area with limited options.
Pros of staying here: Not having to pack everything up and move.
Cons of staying here: Recently a drug dealer moved in next door. He wanders their property late at night with a flashlight while tweaking out. He's regularly angry and getting into shouting matches with his wife about 20 ft from the bedroom window. He also likes walking around and smashing things up with a hatchet. He's taken out one of our trees, insists on parking in our driveway and the other night he was in our yard after dark trying to peek in the bedroom window. I was home alone which is a common thing. Last night he sat in his car, in our driveway, near our kitchen window watching us. He's in his father's custody while waiting for a court date that isn't slated until later this year so the cops aren't really in a rush to do anything about him...until he turns that hatchet on a human in one of his drug fueled rages.
The rate of thefts have also risen in our neighborhood since he moved in. It could be coincidence since he moved in as the weather was warming up, but that's something to worry about either way. We went from many one juvie theft a month to three thefts in one week. Our local police report is now almost all theft, suspicious persons and domestics. Fantastic!
Also we don't have a basement and live in a trailer. Every time the tornado notices go up in our area I'm a wreck.
Option B: Move. We found a small house a town over. It only adds a few minutes to the daily commute, the neighborhood is literally just this house and one neighbor 3+ acres away. It needs a little TLC, but nothing major in repairs. It already has water and septic hooked up plus it has proper heat and a/c which we don't have. We got through winter with a space heater and summer will see us using one small window a/c in the bedroom.
Pros of moving: Safety, comfort, proper amenities, no rain in the house, basement
Cons of moving: A few minutes extra on the commute
So those are the two cards we have to play. While saving up for one or the other I'm skipping dental work including a root canal caused by a previous dentist's error. I'm also still wearing my snow boots and putting off buying other necessities. I have delayed going to the therapist and haven't gone in for other medical complaints that will see costs not covered by insurance. The next step is further limiting grocery costs. We've already had the TV shut off and are paying the minimum to keep the net on since it's used for work.